That’s the age our oldest daughter turns today.
What am I doing as the mother of a 14-year-old???
I mean, I clearly remember when I was 14 and in the eighth grade, and now I have a daughter that age.
The next ten years will be monumental in her life. Most likely, she’ll decide where she’ll go to college, what career she’ll prepare for, whom to marry – if it’s God’s will that she do so, and make lifelong friends.
There are many things I pray for this special girl, but here are fourteen of them.
I pray that….
1. ….she will desire to walk with God.
2. ….she will remain pure.
3. ….God will protect her physically and keep her safe.
4. ….she’ll surround herself with friends who will encourage her in her Christian walk.
5. ….she will have courage to stand for what’s right.
6. ….her sister will always be her best friend.
7. ….her trials will draw her closer to God.
8. ….she”ll have a giving spirit.
9. ….she’ll have the ability to laugh at herself and not take life too seriously.
10. ….she’ll have self-discipline in the area of technology.
11. ….she’ll use her talents to bless others.
12. ….she’ll see the glass as half full, not half empty.
13. ….she’ll find clear direction in the purpose God has for her life.
14. ….she’ll embrace all that God has for her in the coming year and grow ever closer to Him.
Happy birthday, dear daughter!