I’m enjoying focusing on thankfulness for the month of November. We’ve made it to number six of our ten simple ways to show thanks.
Today, let’s focus on God’s Word.
Meditate on a Bible verse of praise and thanksgiving.
Here’s a list of ten verses to get you started.
- I Thessalonians 5:18, “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
- Psalm 95:2, “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.”
- Ephesians 5:20, “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;”
- Psalm 69:30, “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
- James 1:17, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down
from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow
- Psalm 30:12, “To the end that [my] glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.”
- I Chronicles 29:13, “Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.”
- Psalm 7:17, “I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.”
- Hebrews 13:15, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God
continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.”
- Psalm 28:7, “The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I
am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I
Whatever verse you choose, make a concerted effort to think about it throughout the day. Maybe you could write the verse out and post it where you’ll see it often or lay your open Bible in a central spot and stop to read the verse every time you pass by.
What’s your favorite verse of praise or thanksgiving?