With Mother’s Day fast approaching, here are 13 of my favorite quotes about moms.
- A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries
- Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its’ mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce
- She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. – Tenneva Jordan
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. – Unknown
- Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. – Sophia Loren
- And remember that behind every successful woman……is a basket of dirty laundry. – Unknown
- A mother is a person who if she is not there when you get home from school, you wouldn’t know how to get your dinner, and you wouldn’t feel like eating it anyway. – Anonymous
- It is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. – Ann Landers
- There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. – Stacia Tauscher
- Children seldom misquote you. They more often repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said. – Mae Maloo
This post was originally published on May 6, 2009.