As in all of life, there are different seasons in marriage. After 22 years, my husband and I are often treading familiar ground; yet each year also has us covering some new territory – trials and struggles and joys that we’ve not experienced before. I’m sure this will continue as we grow older together.
So in this season, I want to remember these 10 things (though there’s more!) that I love about my husband.
1. He listens to me vent.
2. He indulges my love of sweets. I never know when he might come home from work with a special treat for me!
3. He’s a wise parent.
4. He cuts the grass. (True story – I have never in my life used a lawnmower.)
5. He’s a giver, always very generous with the money he earns.
6. He plays Uno on the living room floor with our girls.
7. He’s always up for giving me an afternoon out by myself.
8. He maintains all the vehicles.
9. His faith is real.
10. He makes me want to be a better person.
My guess is that your list would look different than mine. Love between two people grows and matures through the years and each person in the relationship has their own strengths and weaknesses. Yet together, with God as our center, we can be a real example of marital love to our children and to others.
Tell me something you love about your husband!