My August reading included a couple of re-reads and a new favorite!
- Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott (This was a re-read.)
- On Becoming Preteen Wise: Parenting Your Child from Eight to Twelve Years by Gary Ezzo, M.A, and Robert Bucknam, M.D. (Also a re-read.)
- Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis with Beth Clark. This is an inspiring story of a young woman who has given her life to serve the needy people of Uganda. I actually bought this book and will have my girls read it in a few years.
- For Parents Only: Getting Inside the Head of Your Kid by Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice. This book is directed to parents of pre-teens and teens, and I thought it offered good insights into the thoughts and reactions of that age group.
- VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…for Good by Mark Bittman
- Home Sweet Homeschooling by Sue Maakestad
- Yours with Love, Kate: A Biography of Kate Douglas Wiggin by Miriam E. Mason. I really enjoyed reading about the life of the woman who authored Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.
I finished reading Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss aloud to my daughters. With my ten-year-old, I’m currently reading aloud The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis for our after lunch read, and at bedtime we’re reading Gentle Ben by Walt Morey and Elisabeth Elliot: Joyful Surrender by Janet and Geoff Benge.
What have you been reading lately?