“…And what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” Micah 6:8b
I’ve been studying verses on humility over the past few days. I find myself struggling with pride in so many ways and want to meditate on Bible verses that teach about being humble.
As I read the above verse, I thought about what it means to “walk humbly” with God. Here are a few ideas that I wrote down.
- Recognize that all I have (material possessions, relationships, talents, health) comes from God
- Direct all glory, honor, and praise toward Him.
- Have a spirit of gratitude, not entitlement.
- See others as better than myself.
- Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help in spotting pride in my life and seek His grace and power to live in humility.