I have several friends who are turning 40 this year. As for me, I passed that milestone a few years ago!
In spite of the grayer (or in my case, whiter!) hair, slower metabolism, and dimmer eye sight, I want to assure them that it’s not all bad. While I realize that we’re each in different seasons of life in our forties, this list of reasons why I’m enjoying this particular decade may encourage others who are just now entering it!
1. My children are old enough to take care of themselves….mostly, anyway.
2. I find myself taking more time to realize – in the moment – how special are the memories I’m making.
3. I’ve come to a better understanding of what I like….and what I don’t.
4. I recognize the value of a true friend.
5. I have a good reason for why I can’t remember anything any more!
6. As heaven grows its population with more people I know, my thoughts of going there for eternity are even sweeter.
7. I’m learning to appreciate every day that I feel great and every night that I sleep well!
8. I love and admire the man I married more and more.
9. I no longer force myself to ride roller coasters.
10. Because of what’s come before, I believe I’m learning that trusting God and His providence works for the best in every situation.
11. I’m not yet being asked if I want the senior citizens’ discount!
What’s one of your favorite things about the decade you’re in?