I have never known any distress that an hour’s reading did not relieve. ~Charles de Montesquieu
I learned a lesson this month and it was this: always pack a good book (or two) when going on vacation. During our weekend in Myrtle Beach I failed to follow that rule and found myself scrounging around for something to read.
In spite of that, I finished seven books in February.
- The Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie. I admit to forcing myself to finish this one.
- A Wandering Heart by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer. This was the third book in the Angel Island series and I’ve enjoyed all of them.
- Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd. Lately I seen to be drawn to fiction books that feature food. Interesting….
- The Journals of Jim Elliot Edited by Elisabeth Elliot
- Elsie: Adventures of an Arizona Schoolteacher 1913-1916 Memoirs
Compiled by Barbara Anne Waite
- Taking Flight! Mater the DISC Styles to Transform Your Career, your Relationships…Your Life by Merrick Rosenberg and Daniel Silvert. Since my husband occasionally teaches on personality styles, both of our daughters are interested in the subject. Our twelve-year-old finished this book before I did!
- Lord, Teach Us to Pray by Andrew Murray. This was a short book that I read on my Kindle, but it had some excellent lessons on prayer.
So far I’ve been able to finish 9 of the 20 books on my reading list for 2013.
What have you been reading lately?