Welcome, April!! I’m not sure what happened to March, but this is one of my favorite months of the year.
Our daughters and I are getting back into our routine after last week’s Spring Break, which we spent with my family in Virginia. We went shopping for Easter dresses, played with cousins, had bedtime stories with Grandmama, and spent a day in Jamestown. Today it’s back to the reality of school and housework!
Here’s an update on how I’m doing with the goals I set for myself in 2012.
1. Memorize “one another” passages. Yay – I finished memorizing John 15:1-14 in March! Today I’m beginning Philippians 2:1-11.
2. Complete our “others” projects. In March, we saved our change and any other “extra” money and will be sending it to a Bible-based children’s home in Florida.
3. Highlight one prayer request per week and pray for it throughout the day for seven days. Still lacking consistency here.
1. Reach goal weight.
2. Exercise for twenty minutes at least four days a week. Except for last week when we were out of town, I’m still doing well with exercise.
3. Eat only one sweet/baked good per day. Some days yes, others no. Hoping for more motivation this month.
1. Read through my book list. Just three books left to read on my list!
2. Study my camera guide and learn how to take better photos.
3. Write an e-book.
1. Visit five new restaurants this year. My husband and I are going out on a date this week to celebrate my birthday – and will be trying a new restaurant!
2. Plan at least one “fun” homeschool day each month. I think our trip to Jamestown qualifies! Our girls had never been there and it had been years since I visited.
3. Find a volunteer opportunity we can do as a family.
Hope your April is off to a wonderful start!