I’m thankful that February gave me an extra day to work towards meeting my 2012 goals! They are listed below, with my progress so far in bold print.
1. Memorize “one another” passages. I wanted to have John 15:1-14 memorized by the end of February, but I’ve only made it through verse 11. I hope to finish this passage and begin a new one in March.
2. Complete our others projects. Since Valentines Day was this month, our girls made and mailed cards for each grandparent.
3. Highlight one prayer request per week and pray for it throughout the day for seven days. I began doing this, but my efforts are still hit and miss. Striving to do better next month!
1. Reach goal weight. I did lose about a pound and a half, but, with eating out at some favorite restaurants over the weekend, I found it again.
2. Exercise for twenty minutes at least four days a week. Just like in January, I had no problem meeting this goal.
3. Eat only one sweet/baked good per day. (This one may kill me…) Progress!! I still missed this some days, but was much more consistent than in January.
1. Read through my book list. I read three more books from my 2012 reading list in February. I’ll update my total reading for February tomorrow.
2. Study my camera guide and learn how to take better photos. I learned how to work with the zoom on my camera this month, although I still need more practice with it.
3. Write an e-book.
1. Visit five new restaurants this year.
2. Plan at least one “fun” homeschool day each month. One of our daughters’ friends had her birthday party at the zoo, so we were able to combine a pleasure trip and a field trip.
3. Find a volunteer opportunity we can do as a family. On Friday, we will be taking food and serving a meal to some homeless and working poor in our community. This may become a long-term opportunity.
While I didn’t list specifics for our 2012 financial goals, I am thankful that we are doing well with those. In January and February, we have been able to pay a little extra on our mortgage and put something into savings for replacing my car. We paid cash for our trip last weekend and are currently saving for two other trips we have planned this year.
As for my cooking class with the girls, my eleven-year-old has tackled making grilled cheese and our nine-year-old will be helping me brown the ground meat for our taco salads tonight.
How are you progressing with your current goals?