I recently heard the following: “You don’t grow old; you just wake up one day, and you are.”
If time continues to pass as quickly as January did, I’m afraid I’ll be old any day now!
While the month passed quickly, I was pleased with the progress I made on many of my goals for the year. I’ve listed the goals below, followed by my progress in bold.
1. Memorize “one another” passages. I’ve made it through verse 6 of John 15:1-14.
2. Complete our “others” projects. In January, we chose to share our faith in some way at least once a week for four weeks by giving out a tract, inviting someone to church, etc. I updated this goal yesterday.
3. Highlight one prayer request per week and pray for it throughout the day for seven days. I have not been faithful with this yet. Yesterday I wrote down my request for the week on a 3×5 card and placed it in a very visible spot in the kitchen. Hopefully this will help me remember to pray for it throughout the day.
1. Reach goal weight. This could take all year! No weight lost yet.
2. Exercise for twenty minutes at least four days a week. This has been an easy goal to reach since my husband and I have been walking together in the evenings.
3. Eat only one sweet/baked good per day. (This one may kill me…) I failed miserably with this at the beginning of the month, but was successful most of last week. Maybe this sacrifice will show up in weight loss soon.
1. Read through my book list. I got a great start on this, reading six of the twelve books this month! I’ll post more details later in the week.
2. Study my camera guide and learn how to take better photos. Well, I’ve been thinking about getting out my camera guide…
3. Write an e-book.
1. Visit five new restaurants this year.
2. Plan at least one “fun” homeschool day each month. Last Friday we celebrated the 100th day of school.
3. Find a volunteer opportunity we can do as a family. My husband has a lead on this; we’ll see if it works out.
Did you set goals for 2012? If so, how are you doing so far?