I’m ready for apple season, but haven’t found them on sale locally yet. In the meantime, I’ve been bringing home piles of pears at $.99/lb. Being the muffin lover that I am, I decided to search for a new recipe to help use up my abundance of pears.
I based this one on an Apple Strudel Muffin recipe at All Recipes and modified it just a bit. They’re very moist and perfect for breakfast or as a snack. I’ve made them twice this week!
Pear Streusel Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups diced pears
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil, sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add diced pears, then gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of muffins in pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes before removing. Cool on a wire rack.
Any other suggestions for pear recipes?