It’s breath is gently swaying the tree tops, an undertone of warmth creeps into the air.
Spring is coming.
While we will certainly have a winter relapse, this week is predicted to be spring-like, with warmer temperatures and abundant sunshine. Though it may be too early for me to spot most signs of spring, I hope to notice some of my favorite sights and sounds of the season – the whirring of the vacuum cleaner, the soft swish of a dust rag across the blinds, the smell of pine-scented cleaner.
Yes, I think spring cleaning fever has arrived!
As I prepare to do some major house cleaning and reorganization, I’m reminded that there are several different cleaning “personalities.” See if you recognize your personal style in one of these.
- Whirlwind Wilma whips through the entire house and is completely done in three hours.
- Distracted Diane starts, stops, starts, stops, starts again. She is well-intentioned and begins with a will, but then comes across a stray photo album or a file folder of old papers and pauses for a stroll down memory lane.
- Methodical Mollie has a schedule; she tackles one room a day and does each task in the same order and in an identical manner every single time.
- Urgent Ursula determines what area needs the most attention, gives it a lick and a promise, and moves on to more exciting parts of her day.
- Thorough Theresa devotes an entire day to cleaning the house from top to bottom. She is meticulous and takes her time; no speck of dust escapes her watchful eye.
I can actually exhibit more than one of these styles, depending on the day, although Methodical Mollie rarely puts in an appearance here!
Do you recognize yourself on this list? Are you brave enough to share your cleaning style with us???
photo courtesy public domain pictures