While immensely enjoying our family’s time at Walt Disney World last week, working my way through six loads of laundry has given me some time to reflect on our vacation.
- Traffic congestion in Orlando, Florida, seems to spring up every time we visit.
- I gained four pounds in one week; that’s over half a pound per day. Good thing we came home when we did!
- With the Disney Dining Plan, dessert is included with your meals. I indulged every single time (resulting in previous confession).
- I paid $8.99 for a t-shirt that doesn’t fit (and even losing those four pounds won’t change that!)
- While standing in line for rides, I eavesdropped a few times on fellow parents’ tactics for dealing with their whining/screaming/overstimulated kids.
- Seeing the amount of money being spent at restaurants and on souvenirs assured me that the economy must be thriving in some locales.
- We never stayed long enough at Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks – although we did see the show at Epcot. There’s a big difference between our enthusiasm level at 9:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M.
- I was more excited than the girls to stand in line and get the Beast’s (from Beauty and the Beast) autograph. You can only take so many princesses and cutesy characters!
- I slept at least one-third of the way home in the car.
And now for some of the many magical memories we made!!
Next Monday I’ll plan to resume our series on the virtuous woman. With a visit from my parents, both of our daughters’ birthdays, and three soccer games this week, we’ll see if I get any other posting done!