Searching for coupons and finding ways to stretch our grocery budget is what first drew me into reading blogs. I was inspired by how others were able to find bargains and spend less on some of the necessities of life. Many months later, here are my five favorite couponing, deal-finding, frugal-living blogs.
- Money Saving Mom. Crystal’s was the first blog I followed faithfully and I continue to enjoy seeing the coupon links she posts as well as reading about her methods for saving money.
- I Heart Publix. I realize that this site only benefits those of you who live near a Publix grocery store, but I read Michelle’s blog every day – and especially on Mondays when she posts the upcoming weekly sales items along with coupon match-ups.
- Southern Savers. Jenny covers the deals at several grocery stores as well as a number of drugstores.
- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Jen talks about much more than saving money; she shares recipes, homemaking tips and is embarking on a series about women and weight loss. Her Frugal Fashionista posts, though, are some of my favorites!
- Twitter. I realize Twitter isn’t a blog. However, since there’s no way I can read all of my frugal friends’ posts daily, I follow them on Twitter instead. When I log in each day, I try to scan through some of the tweets and see what coupons or money-saving posts have been mentioned. Just yesterday, I found a link to a 50-cents-off coupon for Skippy Natural Peanut Butter this way. Since my Publix doubles coupons, I’ll be getting some inexpensive peanut butter as soon as it goes on sale!
Do you have a favorite couponing or frugal-living blog? Let me know which one it is! Next week I’ll share how the second month of my Rite Aid experiment is going!