Many children go through a stage of asking that a particular book be read to them over and over again. Two that were requested frequently around our house when the girls were that age were “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” by Eric Carle and “Go, Dog, Go” by P.D. Eastman.
While those days have passed us by, we still own many of the classic children’s picture books. Here are thirteen of our favorites, ones that even I enjoy reading more than once!
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Angus and the Ducks by Marjorie Flack
- Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
- Where’s Spot? by Eric Hill
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Almost any of the Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer
- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems