Isn’t it fun to be the mother of a little girl and dress her up in some of the cute outfits you can find? There’s something about the infant and toddler girls clothing section that still attracts me, even though we left that stage behind long ago. I’m thinking I need a niece!
As my girls grow older, I’m beginning to believe that one of the hardest things about having girls is the lack of modest, appropriate attire available. So far, however, I have found that getting my girls dressed, whatever the occasion, is easier if I have at least these five items in their closet.
- A white cardigan sweater. No matter the occasion, this sweater is perfect for covering bare arms in sleeveless dresses or adding another layer to an outfit in cooler weather.
- A denim skirt. We have owned these in many styles over the years! This piece is so versatile; it can be dressed up or down and matches almost any top.
- A dressy dress. Long-sleeved in the winter, short-sleeved in the summer, a pretty dress works equally well for church services, a piano recital, or any more formal function.
- A twirly dress or skirt. What fun can be had with a full skirt that has twirl power!
- Something pink or “girly” with feminine detailing. We love this shirt because of the cute applique and lacy touches on the sleeves.
Admittedly, not all girls appreciate feminine clothing; for awhile, one of my daughters didn’t care much what she wore as long as it was comfortable, but that has definitely changed over the last couple of years. How about your daughter? Is there a particular item that appears in your child’s wardrobe season after season? What’s your favorite place to shop for her clothing?