Since my daughters were babies, I have made it a nightly practice to read aloud to them. In the intervening years, we have enjoyed many books together. We read a wide variety of stories, but this particular list highlights those with more of a feminine appeal. These are definitely some of my own childhood favorites!
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney
- Betsy~Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter
What favorites would you add to my list?