- If you are trying to rearrange your overflowing freezer to accommodate an ice cream cake, and yank on a bag of frozen peas that you want to move out of your way, the bag might split, causing green peas to litter the floor, rolling under the refrigerator and into every other nook and cranny imaginable.
- When you realize that your butane lighter is totally empty and you have nothing else in the house with which to light birthday candles, you will be extremely thankful that your hunter husband keeps an emergency pack in his truck with matches in it.
- The amount of food that I eat is directly proportional to the number of sweets in the house.
- Taking your seven-year-old, who loves to shop, on a mission to find a pair of boots (to replace the ones she received for her birthday that didn’t fit) will result in your coming home with two pair since she couldn’t decide which ones she liked better! Thank goodness for a buy-one, get-one 50% off sale and some extra birthday money she didn’t mind spending!!
- It is so worth it to drive downtown on a rainy Friday night so that your family can enjoy a two-hour musical theatre production of A Christmas Carol. Seeing your nine-year-old enthralled by the entire show makes you want to do it all over again!
- It is spiritually rewarding to realize anew that the Holy Spirit continually works in me to grow me into the person that Christ would have me to be.
Visit Musings of a Housewife where others share what they have learned this week.