Here are some lessons learned during a week full of wet weather and plenty of activities.
- No matter how much you adjust your schedule to fit soccer practice and piano lessons into one afternoon, a bit of rain can cause all those well-laid plans to be for naught.
- As long as you still follow the original plan of picking up a pizza for supper, the kids will be happy.
- I can still cheer pretty loudly at our daughters’ soccer games….at least loudly enough for one of our girls to comment, “You’re the only parents who yell at our games.” (It’s “yelling” encouragement, of course!)
- When you blog about beginning new habits to avoid being a grumpy mom in the morning, you will be tested in that area! (By the way, I’m enjoying having music playing while I’m making breakfast and the girls are getting dressed.)
- Not having Internet access at home for 36 hours helps me get a lot of housework done!
- It’s a joy to see our daughters choosing small gifts for our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes and teaching them to think about what another little girl whom they will probably never see would enjoy receiving.
This post is linked to Musings of a Housewife.
photo courtesy public domain pictures