It has been quite a week around our house, with most of the activity revolving around our younger daughter being sick. I had the opportunity to learn many lessons this past week, some of which I hope never to repeat.
- After having her temperature taken repeatedly for a number of days, a six-year-old can become addicted to a digital thermometer and believe that, even when she’s feeling well, she needs to take her temperature every half hour.
- An experiment in making oatmeal that cooks overnight in your crock pot can turn out more like a large pot of slimy goo (which your kids will be happy to see disappear into the trash can).
- A blog giveaway prize can come in the mail at just the time when your children need a new form of entertainment.
- As a mom, watching your child go through a difficult time (such as having a tooth pulled and an abscess on her gum drained when she’s already running a fever of 102) causes you to tense up inside in places you didn’t even know existed.
- Having your husband get up early to take your “well” daughter to school is a nice change of pace.
- A faithful blog commenter like Beth can give encouragement and brighten your day.
- Having a pediatrician with a calming spirit is a true blessing.
- Football season is here and the final stage of the NASCAR Chase for the Championship is beginning. (Yes, I’m fans of both!!)
Visit Musings of a Housewife to see what others learned this week.