While we spent most of the last week getting back into the routine of school and, as of last night, homework, I still found time to learn the following lessons.
- Just because school is back in session doesn’t mean that fall weather is here.
- Surely one of the greatest ways that I can exemplify patience and self-control before my children is by keeping my mouth shut while driving them to school in rush-hour traffic each morning.
- Waiting until your hair is way past a manageable length to schedule a haircut, only to have your stylist call the morning of the appointment to say she’s home sick, makes for a week of scary-looking hairdos before the rescheduled visit.
- An e-mail encouragement from a friend can make your entire day.
- Few things say “I love you” like a husband who will cook his own meal and leave the kitchen looking like he was never there.
Read about what others learned this week by visiting Musings of a Housewife.