My father-in-law had an unexpected surgery last week so we made an overnight trip to Georgia to visit him in the hospital. We are probably some of the most “un-spontaneous” people you will ever meet, which made this somewhat of a big deal for me! Here are some things I learned from our little adventure.
- It’s actually less stressful and uncomplicated when you only have a couple of hours to pack as opposed to a couple of days.
- If you’re looking for a certain restaurant at which to stop for breakfast, you will not find it no matter how many exits you continue to pass.
- My youngest can sit still for long periods of time when she’s on her Granny’s lap.
- If reviews for the hotel at which you made last-minute arrangements to stay include the phrase “worst hotel I ever stayed at,” your expectations will be so low that you’re pleasantly surprised when it’s not as bad as you thought.
- Traveling in general gets easier as the kids get older.