As I’ve documented here before, our family loves books. I have been reading to the girls since they were born and some of those first books were board books.
Next week I will be attending a baby shower where it has been requested that each guest bring a favorite book for the mom-to-be to put in her baby’s library. I think that is a terrific idea! It got me thinking about what our favorite board books were when my girls were babies. It’s always hard for me to limit myself to just a few favorites when it comes to books, but here, in no particular order, are five of our favorite board books.
- Where’s Spot? by Eric Hill. Well before we had children, I first read this gem to the daughter of a friend of ours and saw how much she loved looking for Spot. It was a big hit with us as well.
- Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt. Lots to touch and feel; makes for a good read and a tactile experience.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram. I got a warm, fuzzy feeling with every reading!
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin and Eric Carle. If I had a dollar for every time I read this one, I’d be a wealthy woman.
- Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton. I was reading this one to my nephew not long ago and he couldn’t get enough of it.
So there’s a selection of what I read to my girls when they were babies. Do you have others to suggest? If so, please share in the comments section.